Heavy Trash Collection
Heavy trash is different from household garbage. Household garbage contains food waste which deteriorate and must be disposed of, according to State regulations, differently than heavy trash. Heavy trash includes:
- Any items not classified as household garbage
- Brush and yard wastes
- Building debris
- Discarded appliances
For the period of January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020, please view the Map & Schedule to find out your heavy trash area & dates. Heavy Trash schedules are printed each year in the Annual La Porte Calendar and mailed to residents.
The following list are companies that can provide debris removal services from private property:
Municipal and Commercial Sales
Waste Corporation of Texas
Corporate Sales Manager
Office: 281-491-7775|Fax: 281-690-5097
Waste Management Roll Offs
Amount of Pickup
The city will not collect piles larger than 10 cubic yards. This is a pile approximately 6 feet wide by 6 feet high by 8 feet long. If a pile is larger than this, the city will collect only 10 cubic yards. The remainder will be left uncollected. Excess trash not collected could place you in violation of the City Ordinance concerning early put out of trash for collection. To avoid this:
- Put out no more than 10 cubic yards
- Remove any excess and place out on next scheduled collection day
- Contact City’s contractor for removal at your expense
Where to Place Trash
All trash should be placed behind the curb, not in the street. Trash should always be in front of your property. Trash should be not placed in the street right-of-way, across the street, or in front of someone else's property. The trash should not be placed too close to fences, mailboxes, under low hanging electrical wires, or low hanging limbs. This could result in the trash not being collected.
Trash should be placed for collection by 7 a.m. of the first scheduled collection day and no earlier than 5 days prior to scheduled date.
What Isn't Accepted
The city will not collect rocks, bricks, ceramic tile, concrete, dirt, ashes, paint, and hazardous materials.
Trash Collection Tips
- Place brush and yard waste separate from appliances, furniture and other household materials
- The city is divided into 6 zones for heavy trash collection
- Trash will be collected on 1 of the 2 scheduled days
- Trucks will pass your residence only once in the 2-day period
- Trucks will not return to an area once completed
- Small items should be placed in bags or boxes to prevent scattering by the wind
- Refrigerators or freezers should be empty and have the doors removed or tied shut for the safety of neighborhood children
- Vehicles parked in front of trash could prevent collection
- Items which may not identifiable as trash should be clearly marked trash (example - Basketball Goal)