The Fire Marshal’s Office will examine your construction plans to ensure fire related issues discussed during the site review were addressed / corrected. He will examine for any fire protection needs such as:
- Automatic Sprinkler System (Separate Plan submittal required and permit)
- Fire Alarm System (Separate Plan submittal required and permit)
- Fire Extinguishers
- Kitchen Vent-A-Hood Fire Extinguishing System (Separate Plan submittal and permit)
The Fire Marshal's Office will also check to make sure the following are correct:
- Fire Hydrants should be indicated showing their location and distance from the proposed structure. Any existing and proposed water mains (including the main sizes) should be documented.
- Fire Lanes shall be marked in accordance with City specifications.
- Building permits are issued by the City of La Porte Building Department. This is done following a complete plans review by all departments.