Solicitor Permits

Permit Requirements

The City of La Porte requires a completed Application for a Canvasser, Solicitor, or Peddler's License for any individual, firm, organization, or corporation (as well as their representatives, agents, and employees) in the city who engage in the business of selling or offering for sale any goods or merchandise.
Search the City's Code of Ordinances regarding Solicitor's Permits.

Types of Business Activity

Business may also include surveying, polling, or otherwise conducting a query from a person in order to obtain information or opinions to be analyzed from house to house or from place to place. These types of sales occur from a vehicle, in a temporary rental space, or from house to house or place to place.