District 3 - Bill Bentley
- I was born in Portland, Oregon. At age 10, my family moved to Waco, then to Galveston at age 15.
- Resident of Fairmont Park West.
- I have two sons, two grandsons and one granddaughter.
Business & Professional
- I am retired from Rohm and Haas, Texas Inc. (now Dow Chemical Co) in Deer Park with 31 years of service.
- Served in the United States Marine Corps Reserve from 1966 to 1972.
- Volunteered in La Porte schools and served on the LPISD Board of Trustees from 1992 to 1999. I served as board president during my last year in office.
- I was a Cub Scout leader and a Boy Scout leader.
- I have served on the governing body of two different Episcopal churches and currently am a member of St Paul's Anglican Church in Houston.
- I was a volunteer driver for Houston Ground Angels transporting cancer patients from out of town to M.D. Anderson Hospital or their hotel and back to the airport.
- I currently volunteer in the cardio-vascular waiting area at St Luke's Hospital in the medical center. I was awarded "Volunteer of the Year" by my employer in 1993 for this activity.
- Elected District 3 Councilmember in May 2018.
- Attended Ball High School, Galveston.
- Attended San Jacinto College.
Hobbies & Interests
- Being retired I enjoy keeping busy with volunteer work. I've been actively engaged with my Fairmont Park West Homeowners Association. I look forward to working with La Porte City Council and City staff as a councilman.
- I enjoy reading and staying informed about local, state and national issues.